Search Erin's Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Thursday--Week is ALMOST Over

HI all. I'm so Jealous--my little brother is reading Alice In Wonderland for his 8th grade book assignment. How come I had to read junk like Z for Zachariah (about the lone survivor of a nuclear war finding out that the only other person alive is a man that wants to rape and kill her) and The Giver (about a society where any baby who is born with a different hair/eye color is euthanized) while he gets to read a literary classic??!! I swear. And I'll bet he doesn't even want to read it.

What about you guys?? Books you loved/hated but were required to read anyway in middle/high school?
Here's a list of my faves:
Great Expectations  (9th grade)
To Kill a Mockingbird (8th and 10th grade) I LOVEEE this book
The Joy Luck Club (10th grade)
The Scarlet Letter (10th grade)
Of Mice and Men (9th grade)
Catcher in the Rye (10th grade) High-larious. Please read.

Here is a list of my un-faves:
The Giver (8th grade)
Z for Zachariah (8th grade)
Romeo and Juliet (9th grade) I don't care if it is a literary masterpiece. I didnt like it.
A Separate Peace (9th grade)
The Pearl (8th grade)
The Great Gatsby (10th grade)

Currrently, as I am a book whore, I am reading the Da Vinci Code for the first time. OHMYGOD IT IS THE BEST FREAKING BOOK I HAVE READ IN A LOONG TIME!!! If you like Jeproady, or Cash Cab, or any kind of tv show where you can test your own knowledge, than you will love this book. You can try to figure it out as you go using your knowledge about paintings such as Da Vinci and your knowledge of ancient god and goddesses and the zodaic.

If you cannot tell, I am feeling much better today than yesterday. My mom and I got along fine and we even had a nice civil conversation about  my dad that did not end in tears. PLUS I had a salad for dinner and lunch (I LOVE Ruby Tuesday croutons.) so I ate well too.

Also, I ran to the library--my place of employment--after school to get my paycheck. I have yet to pick up a paycheck within five days of it being placed in my mailbox. Haha--they gave me Quizno's coupons along with the actual check. So I'm being paid in coupons now? Okay, then stick in a couple of 15% off ones to Barnes and Noble, maybe the Chinese restaurant, and the Giant, so I can buy more Extra gum without emptying my wallet.

So I bought this totally sexy LBD online from swell.com (amaaaazing clothes, check it out!) and it didn't come for so long that I sent the company an email. When my mom got home from work, she's like "You didn't see your package!" and there was the dress. So if anyone who works at customer service at swell reads this, sorry for wasting your time!!!!!

Finally, some pics for you guys to enjoy:
Me and My Brother on Our Way to DC!!!

Trailer Park Kitties

Trailer Park Kitties 2


My new dress
(the pic uploader isnt working but I will try to fix it. Until then, here is the link in case you want it for yourself.)


 Last but not least, here is your video/pic/story/link for the day!!! This Video is of NFL cheerleaders dancing(cheering, whatever) for the cure for breast cancer. If they get 1,000,000 page hits, the susan g komen foundation gets 100,000 dollars!!! So even if you don't feel like watching it, just open it up in a separate browser and let it run its course, and you've done a good deed for the day!

Love all, and...
I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE SEVEN FOLLOWERS!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

  1. "To Kill a Mockingbird" really was great! And so was "Of Mice and Men!" And I really liked how everything fit together so perfectly at the end of "A Prayer for Owen Meany," and I am in love with "The Scarlet Pimpernel." And most things by Mark Twain.

    I absolutely HATED Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying," though. And honestly, that boy in "The Catcher in the Rye" was just so stupid that the whole book made me really frustrated. =D

    Yay for such awesomeness today, and the pictures are all SO CUTE! And that dress is amazering...

    KOMEN FOUNDATION! WOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For school we've read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in grade 9 (popular book lol,) "The book theif" and "night" (by elie wiesel) in grade 10, and in this year we read "The kite runner". And for and ISU essay i'm reading "the shadow if the wing". All are vary good books in my opintion, but I'm not a very critical person.

    And those kittins are SOOO CUTE! I would love to have a kitten if they didn't turn into cats, lol. and nice dress btw!! Glad things are better with your mom now :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Minds?