Search Erin's Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome Home

I feel horrid, skipping two whole freaking days on my blog. Twas for a good reason, but still.
Anyway, apologies for absence of posts out of the way, I had a totally fabbity birthday. Thanks to all of you sweeties that wished me a happy birthday! I got all warm and fuzzy inside when I read them..:) You all had better tell me when your birthdays are so I can clog up your blog (rhyme) with birthday greetings.

Currently, I am making myself a study guide for my US History test tomorrow, but I honestly don't feel like it.  Anyone else feel like the Civil War and the American Revolution was ALL they learned about in middle school???? I swear, we switched history teachers about five times in middle school, and every damn time they all decided to start at the Revolution. WHERE IS THE RENAISSANCE??? WHERE IS WORLD WAR TWO??? I dont give a damn about the founding fathers anymore. I am over it. I shall put James Monroe and Andrew Jackson aside for a moment to tell you all about my weekend.

I spent waay too much money. I ate waaaaaaay too much food. And I fed a horse named Jimmy a carrott.
Ahh, I love New York. We took the train up from Seacaucus, NJ (which I highly recommend as you skip that nasty Lincoln tunnel) and went around, meandering, sightseeing...I think we went to Toys R Us for my little bro first...

At night we went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. I dont know about you, but everytime I see a big dance number, I feel like, so sad and wistful. I wish I was a dancer like them...Needless to say I danced(badly) on the street all the way back to our hotel. I probably got lots of looks, but I didnt care. Our hotel was SEX on a stick. 48 floors with a revolving restaurant at the top. The elevators were little pod-shaped glass bubbles and you could see everything as it moved.

The next day (Sunday) we did some shopping, walked thru the museum of natural history, visited Marymount Manhatten college (where I want to go sooo bad) and did some more shopping.

I ate a TON, but I guess I thought that it was my bday and a vacation, so I deserved those pancakes with syrup for breakfast. I kinda feel bloated now, but at least I have a big hoodie to hide under.

What I bought (with my own money)
Two Abercrombie Skirts (stood in line for about 20 minutes while my mom and bro were at the Central Park Zoo)
120.89 dollars worth of Sephora makeup (includes benefit pore perfection, benefit brightning glowy lotion, too faced eyeshadow in cocoa and honey pot, and too faced lash injection)
Hello Kitty Car Air Freshners
AMAZING stickers from this Japanese store called Kinokuniya(across from Bryant Park on the Avenue of the Americas. A must visit for anyone who is in love with Hayao Miyazaki)
Essie Nail polishes from the Plaza's sample sale event
An Eloise at the Plaza mug from the Eloise store at the Plaza
My lunch (diet black cherry soda and a wrap)
Gifties for friends

Ummm. I think that is it.
My mommy bought me a Tiffany charm--this one is a crown--and so now my charm bracelet is filled up.

Perhaps the best part of my trip was meeting this old Irish guy in Central Park. I was just walking by myself and he asked me if I wanted a carraige ride. I just kinda wanted to pet his horse, and he let me. He said his horse's name was Jimmy, and that he (the dude, not the horse) was from Ireland. County Kent, I believe. I told him that my grandfather was from County Kildare, and that I hope to visit Ireland soon. He gave me a carrott to feed Jimmy, and Jimmy slobbered all over my hand. As I was talking to him, I felt like I was going to cry. I have no idea why, but it was such a wonderful moment, to find someone with something in common totally by surprise.

Anyway, I hope I have convinced you all the magic of New York City, and beg you to visit.

NOW for some pictures!


DREAM COLLEGE

The Elevator Pods! very sci fi.

Eccentric Fellow on the street

me and Justina. My brother took this.

Jimmy is not in this picture, but these are other carriage horses.

Breakdancer on the street.

The Eloise store at the Plaza! Some little girls were having a tea party in there.

Clever greeting card.


ME in my hotel room, hiding behind the door so I can scare the doorman when he comes in.
Loves and hugs, all, and my apologies for the long ass post.

3 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! Your trip looks amazing! I love New York! That last picture of you is great! You have a wonderful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you had so much fun, I can\t wait to visit New York.. Perhaps in the spring with my tax return...
    P.S those elevators look like something out of willie wonka

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds spectacular! Like, everything about it. But especially the Irishman. Also, calories are completely irrelevant during such adventures, so I just hope everything was delicious :)

    As far as American History goes, I know what you mean D= We went over the Revolution/Civil War probably twice a year starting in fourth grade, and I think I forget about 99% of what they tried to teach us... That whole memorizing for a test thing, then as soon as the test is over your memory of everything just poofs.

    Also, dancing through the streets after the performance... you make me giggle sometimes. That just sounds cute.

    And finally, you are so pretty! *is rather envious* Your eyes look so biiiiig in that last picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Minds?