Search Erin's Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heyyy

Hi all--yesterday was busy and I didnt get to post here.

We went to washington dc for the annual washington international horse show. Its got like olympic riders and terrier races and it is a LOT of fun. I used to ride when I was younger and had a pony named Pumkin, so it makes me kind of sad to see all those pretty horses :( Anyway, to pass the time until the show started, my mom and brother and I visited the Capitol building, which was beautiful, by the way. there was a little man jammed up on the top of the building with a powerwasher and I was like, yeah Im never getting up anywhere that high.

I went to the Holocaust museum whilst my weaker stomached mom and brother went to the museum of natural history. It was horrible to read and see in detail about the things that the victims of Hitler's attacks went through! I learned that, along with Jews, homosexuals and disabled people were persecuted/killed. Awful. There was an obnoxious 12 year old girl that happened to be visiting at the same time as me and seemed to ALWAYS be around to step on my foot/elbow me, but I felt really awful for thinking anything bad about a human being as I looked at all the pictures...So it was humbling. If anyone is interested, I highly reccomend a visit next time you go.

We also saw Ford's Theater, where Lincoln was assassinated (the gun that killed him is on display!) and the White House Visitor Center. We also encountered the elusive white squirrell!!!!!!!

Today I worked 9-5 and visited my mom at an antique show during my lunch break. Tomorrow,(ugh) I believe I will have to go FLOUNDER FISHING with my mom and brother in Ocean City. He loves to fish, and I think it is nice to get out of the house, but I swear that everytime I have gone on a fishing trip with them I have come off soaked and salty. EEWDSHBVKLN.

Halloween partaaay tomorrow night! This kitty cat is going as a kitty cat: black high waisted skirt, black tank top, black shrug, kittay ears.

I'm off to watch a Hello Kitty video that I found in the Children's side of the Library while I was shelving. I can't help it--its so relaxing! I also need to paint my nails--they're haggard as hell. Pics from DC and pics of the elusive white squirrel will come soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Minds?